Helping Hands Warming Hearts provides children, from birth to age 12, in low income households with free new winter jackets, hats, gloves, pajamas, socks, and age appropriate books. The goal of this program is to make sure no child goes without proper winter gear in a harsh Connecticut winter.
Families receiving any state assistance like SNAP, WIC, or Cash Assistance are likely to qualify!
Must be able to provide proof of current monthly gross income for all adult members of the household – copies are acceptable, all of the following are required:
- Completed Income Verification Form (Click here to download the form)
- Two bank statements or proof of income like paystubs, unemployment benefits, SNAP, TANF, or Child Support
- One month of paystubs (four if paid weekly, two if paid bi-weekly or twice monthly) – must show gross pay and all deductions
- If you are newly employed and have not yet received a paycheck, a letter from your employer on company letterhead stating your monthly gross, annual gross, or hourly wage and average hours worked is acceptable
- Current cash assistance, food stamp, Social Security/Disability
- Copy of your unemployment history – to print, visit the CT Department of Labor website
Spots for this program are limited. Application period begins in October of each year. Click here to download and complete application. Call to make an appointment for application drop off and review.